You will enjoy these grilled lamb chops! The recipe is very easy, we reinvented it by adding a few tricks to give it an exquisite aroma and flavor. With red wine and oregano, if you like lifelong meat recipes adding your personal touch, here we tell you the step-by-step of this recipe.
Calories and vitamins in mutton chops
There are meats that tend to be dry like chicken, and yet others are very juicy like lamb. This meat has always been appreciated for its intense flavor, even in the proverb it appears: ‘From the sea the grouper, and from the land the lamb’. In Spain, this meat is traditional in many regions such as Aragon, with its well-known lamb, Burgos or Guadalajara. Lamb meat is highly appreciated in Islamic countries as it is permitted by Islam, unlike pork.
Grilled mutton chops
Lamb has 250 calories per serving, this is because it has a higher percentage of fat than other meats, 20 grams per serving, a high percentage of these fats are saturated, but it also contains polyunsaturated fats. This meat has a good proportion of proteins 16 grams. Lamb meat is a source of B vitamins such as B3, which provides 7.6 mg of B12, which provides 1.10 ug. It also contains iron 3.20 milligrams. As for minerals, the chops have 3.20 milligrams of iron, 8 grams of calcium, and 230 g of potassium. In addition, it also has magnesium, 15.70 grams, and 5.40 mg of iodine.
Ingredients for Grilled mutton chops for 4 people
- Mutton chops- 600 g
- Garlic cloves – 3 units
- Red wine – 125ml
- Dried oregano – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Virgin olive oil – 3 tablespoons
- Coarse salt – ½ teaspoon
- Crush the garlic and put it in a Zip-type bag like the ones for freezing.
- Season the chops with black pepper, and place in the bag.
- Add red wine, dried oregano, and olive oil.
- Close the bag and rub for a few seconds. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Prepare a griddle pan, no need to add oil. You can paint the meat with the rest of the dressing that we have left in the bag. When hot, cook the chops for about two minutes per side or until golden brown.
Notes and Tips
These chops win if you let them sit at room temperature before cooking, all meat is generally better off if not cooked ‘straight from the fridge. Do not worry that once cooked it is not dangerous, since cooking kills any bacteria